Sunday, 4 January 2015

Life | The Liebster Award

Can we call this a tag.. Well for this blog post, I'm going to! Anyway, I'm doing the Liebster Award. I was tagged by the lovely Kyla from Kyladelilah to take part and I honestly can't thank her enough. If I'm honest I've actually not heard of this, but I think it's such a great idea, I couldn't not take part! This might be a little bit of a long post,  but it's a bit of fun, so stick with me.

So the rules of the Liebster Award are quite simple:
If you have been nominated for the Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster Award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog - by including it in your post and/or display it using a "widget" or a "gadget". (Note, the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computed and then upload it to your blog post).
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (you can copy and paste from here). Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)

So here are the questions that I was given to answer!
1. If you had to design a new perfume, what would the bottle look like and what would it smell like?
This is such a good question! Let me think about the scent first, I think vanilla would be the undertone, and I'd maybe have roses or lilies as my main scent. The bottle would be either an owl, for no reason other than I love owls, or a very simplistic tall, thin bottle with maybe roses or lilies cascading up the front of the bottle in white.
2. Favourite concert you've been too?
I've been to so many concerts/gigs in my life I don't know if it's possible to chose. The Maine would be one of the best gigs purely because of the memories that I have connected with that gig, the first time I saw The Gaslight Anthem, The Academy Is.., but then I loved seeing Twin Atlantic and Arctic Monkeys at Leeds Fest.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I want to travel to so many places. I actually want to explore so many places with so much history, places like Rome, and Greece. I just want to see the world.
4. Favourite TV show as a kid?
I was slightly obsessed with Barney The Dinosaur...
5. What's your zodiac sign?
I'm a Libra!
6. Who is your favourite blogger?
I cannot chose one, I have a few favourites and I love their content but I also love their honesty. I like bloggers who aren't afraid to be truthful and admit if something is crap.
7. Do you want to get married and have children in the future?
I definitely do.
8. Favourite accent?
The UK Northern accent because it reminds me of being back home and my boyfriend, but I love the Welsh accent and the Italian accent.
9. Are you excited for the Christmas holidays?
I got sent this before Christmas but I'm answering this in the New Year, but I always say that I'm not and that I don't feel Christmassy but I promise that on Christmas Eve I will be bouncing around like a small child and then Christmas morning, try and stop me waking up and running around the house waking everyone up.
10. Least favourite holiday?
I can't really say, holidays aren't that much of a big deal in the UK. I actually couldn't chose.
11. Why did you start your blog?
I love reading blogs, and I've always looked at blogs for product reviews because I find them to be honest. I loved the idea that came with owning your own blog and getting to be productive. I've always been a person who likes to share her opinions if I've found something that I really like, or something that I don't and I like to be able to help people make informed decisions. It also acts as a release for me, writing my blog posts allows me to escape from whatever is going on that week, usually uni work. It's just a hobby, but I absolutely love it!

And now time for 11 random facts about me!
1. I have 3 middle names, which in turn gives me a really long name.
2. My name is spelt differently to the traditional spelling of Rebecca. People think it's the biblical way, which it is, but my mum didn't get it from the Bible.
3. I was going to be called Samuel if I was a boy.
4. Me and my best friend always joked that I'd move back north when I was older, and now my boyfriend lives up north.
5. I was such a good pupil at school I never once had a detention, the thought of one terrified me.
6. I can play the flute.
7. I have a really bad habit of binge watching TV shows, I'll quite often watch one series in about 1-2 days.
8. I have a terrible addiction to The Sims.
9. If you know me, it's common knowledge that I'm terrible addicted to Harry Potter.
10. Maybe not a random fact, but I'm a student mental health nurse due to qualify in August!
11. So many people are jealous of my natural nails and don't believe me that I used to bite them till I was 13..

The blogs I will be nominating are:
1. Jamie-Lee over at Glitter Infatuation
2. Leah and Rachel over at Beyond The Velvet
3. Tasha over at Hello-Freckles
4. Alice over at Tea Party With Alice
5. Georgia over at Georgia Vanilla
6. Paula over at Thirteen Thoughts
7. Alice over at The Velvet Black
8. Dana over at Darling Dee Dee
9. Toni over at Lemon Freckles
10. Samantha over at Halcyon Velvet
11. Emily over at Dear You, Love Em
These are some of my favourite blogs and I think that you should all go and check them out.

The questions that I want these lovely ladies to answer are:
1. What do you hope that 2015 will bring for you?
2. One of your most treasured memories?
3. Who was your first crush?
4. Worst gift you've ever received?
5. So although it's January, what is the best costume you've ever worn? (Halloween, costume party, or anything else!)
6. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
7. What is the last book you read that you loved?
8. Who is your favourite fictional character?
9. If there was one food/drink you could live on for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. Describe your perfect day.
11. You now rule your country, what is the first thing that you change?

I hope you all enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed completing this blog post and go check out all of my nominations!