Sunday, 11 January 2015

Life | Growing Up


So for the past few months I have been realising more and more that I'm actually growing up, and kind of becoming an adult. The smallest little things show me this, such as favourite bands letting me down and not filling me with the excitement they once did. Which sounds absolutely ridiculous I know, but just trust me on this. I look forward to coming home, getting into my comfy clothes and throwing on my slippers after a long day on placement. A cup of tea sounds much more appealing than any alcohol, and I'm determined to not eat my body weight in chocolate before my holiday.

But more than these little things, ever since we entered the new year I seem to be asked the question "What are you going to do when you qualify?" on almost, well what feels like, a weekly basis. I can't complain too much because people are only taking an interest and it is actually making me start to think about what I want to do when I finish uni and where I want my life to go, but holy crap it's also the most terrifying question I could be asked right now.

Truth be told, right now I don't 100% know what I want to do when I qualify, I have a very good idea but I cannot be certain, job interviews are a thing that exist. I know the general direction that I want my life to go in, but growing up also means learning to accept that you have no control over what direction anything goes in.

Short but sweet post for today, but these are the thoughts that have been occupying the mind of this overtired and busy student nurse.