Friday, 16 January 2015

Friday First | The Jersey Boys

This weeks Friday First is a film review for you. My mum and me finally got round to seeing Jersey Boys, it was a film that we both wanted to see as soon as we heard it was being released but we never got the chance. But my Dad being super amazing bought it my Mum on DVD for Christmas, so the minute we got a spare moment, of course we stuck it on.

The film, directed by Clint Eastwood, is based on the Broadway stage show and tells the story of The Four Seasons. If you've been reading my blog long enough you'll know that back in June I went to see The Ragdolls UK, a tribute band and that I loved every moment of it.

I'm a huge musical fan, and this is just another musical that I loved. It wasn't a typical musical, as it is based on real events, but I promise you that when you watch this you will be singing along to every song, because who doesn't know any of the songs by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, and who can't resist singing along?

I loved this film, and I love the fact that Frankie Valli even worked on the film it made me feel that it would be even more truthful and realistic to how events happened. I now just want to see the Broadway show even more!

Full of music, laughter, a few tears and everything in between The Jersey Boys is a definite one to watch!

Would I recommend The Jersey Boys? I really would, for anyone who loves a good musical this is a fantastic film to add to the list of films to watch.
Would I re-watch The Jersey Boys? Oh I will, it'll definitely be watched time and time again. I have a huge guilty pleasure for Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons music.
Overall score out of 5? I'd give it a 4, I was slightly heartbroken that a few moments weren't included as they're my favourite moments and songs, but it was just as fantastic without.

Have you watched The Jersey Boys? Is it something you'd consider watching? Have you been lucky enough to see the stage show? Let me know below.