Friday, 23 January 2015

Friday First | Beauticology Sweet Gingerbread Body Wash


So another Christmas present that I received was the Baylis & Harding Beauticology Gingerbread House Gift Set which two bottled products and a body scrub. For the purpose of Friday Firsts I'll be reviewing both products separately, starting with the Sweet Gingerbread body wash.

Being completely honest the Sweet Gingerbread body wash is a product that I have wanted to use for a very long time and I was so excited when I opened this gift set that I finally got to try a product that I had been lusting over for ages.

So this body wash smells exactly how you would expect gingerbread to smell, which I absolutely love and it is a scent that I do associate with the autumn/winter months. If you're not a fan of a gingerbread I really wouldn't suggest that you buy this product. I was disappointed once I got out the shower though, because for such a strong smelling product the scent does not last and I like my body washes to leave a scent, even if it's just a subtle scent.

One of my main hates with beauty products is when glitter is added for no apparent reason. I couldn't initially tell if there was glitter in the body wash, but I then realised there was. Unfortunately I only realised this when I'd put it on my body scrub so I then had the fear that I was going to be covered in glitter for the next few days. Luckily this wasn't the case, even though glitter seems to be scattered throughout this product there is no trace left behind. 

Another issue I had with this product is that I had to use a lot, it didn't seem to lather up. I had to apply more product and ended up having to use more product than I normally would.

I'm conflicted with this product and slightly disappointed. I absolutely love the smell of gingerbread and but this scent doesn't last and I had to use more than I usually would. I will continue to use the rest of this product as I do like the smell when it's in the bottle and when it is first applied to my body scrub, plus I hate wasting a product that I don't completely hate.

Will I continue to use 'Sweet Gingerbread body wash'? As I said above, I will use up the rest of the bottle as I don't have a huge problem with the product.
Would I repurchase 'Sweet Gingerbread body wash'? I don't think I would, it was a product I really wanted to try and it let me down.
Would I recommend 'Sweet Gingerbread body wash'? I wouldn't. The body wash didn't lather up which is something I like in body washes and I had to use twice as much as I normally would.
Overall score out of 5? I'd give it a 2, purely because of the scent product when it's in the bottle. It hurts me how much this product hasn't met my expectations.

Have you ever used the Sweet Gingerbread body wash? Have you ever used any Beauticology products? What was your opinion of either? Let me know below!