Friday, 21 November 2014

Friday First | Soap & Glory Flake Away


So I'm back with another product from the Soap & Glory gift set 'Soaper Heoes' this week it's Flake Away.

I'm starting to run low on my Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub, so I thought I'd give Flake Away a try. Flake Away is another exfoliator from Soap & Glory which contains shea butter, sweet almond oil, peach seed powder, sea salt and sugar.


I'll be honest, Flake Away isn't a product I'd smelt before so I was shocked when I first smelt this product. The peach scent really does come through and I found it to be a little bit too overwhelming. On the days I use my exfoliator I don't use my shower gel afterwards because I like the scent that is left behind, honestly I'm not overly happy with the scent that has been left behind. Although, I also feel like I'm the only person in the world who also doesn't like the scent of Sugar Crush, I find it too sweet and overwhelming.

I'm not sure if it's this product in general, or if it is because it's a travel size, but I found Flake Away to be very 'gloopy' compared to my Smoothie Star, it also didn't feel as rough as my Smoothie Star in the sense that I didn't feel that it was very exfoliating. However, my skin does feel soft after I used it.

Will I continue to use Flake Away? As you can see from the picture above, after only one use I've already used about half of the tub. Maybe when I run out of Smoothie Star, I'll use the rest of the product.
Would I repurchase Flake Away? I highly doubt it, I find the scent a little too sweet and overwhelming personally.
Would I recommend Flake Away? I'd still recommend Flake Away to people who I know would like the scent as it is still a good product.
Overall score out of 5? I'd give Flake Away a 3. Personally I really didn't like the scent, and I don't feel that it was as exfoliating as other Soap & Glory products, however my skin did feel softer after use.

Have you used Flake Away before, let me know what you think? Would you consider using Flake Away?

There is no blogpost up this Sunday as I'm away in Birmingham, but posts will return as normal next week!