Friday, 10 October 2014

World Mental Health Day 2014

I don't usually blog on a Friday but today is a very important exception.

Today is World Mental Health Day and the focus of this year is Schizophrenia.

As a student mental health nurse today is an important day for me today, but also personally. Mental health is something which holds a very special place in both my heart and my life.

I'm not going to go into detail about Schizophrenia, and list a load of facts here because I think it would be more beneficial for you to go and read up on it yourself. Even if you only spend 2 minutes today reading up about mental health, that is better than nothing.

If there is one thing I want to do most in my life it is raise more awareness for mental health, and I think today is a fantastic day to start with it here on my blog.