Sunday, 5 October 2014

Beauty | DIY Lip Scrub

As you saw in my last post I've recently bought a Matte Balm lip crayon, meaning that I need my lips to look as smooth as possible so what better excuse to try out the recipe for a DIY lip scrub?

I've been looking for a lip scrub for a while, I haven't been able to find one and I don't live close enough to a Lush to go and pick up theirs, despite wanting to try it so badly.

So of course, doing what every girl does when wanting to find an easy way to make something at home, I turned to Pinterest and found this simple recipe.

Needed Ingredients:
  • Small bowl for mixing
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • Small container to store

How To Make:
1. Add honey and sugar into the small bowl
2. Add the olive oil and mix well (Add vaseline here if your lips are extra dry!)
3. Spoon into container.

It really is a simple method and it's so easy to do, it took me less than 5 minutes.

If you're feeling extra creative you could add 2-3 drops of food colouring or a small amount of coloured lipstick if you wanted your lip scrub to be colourful.

My only criticism is that I feel there was too much oil in this recipe and it made my lip scrub a bit too wet for my liking, next time I'll experiment with adding more sugar.