Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Life | Mother Knows Best


Following the post I dedicated to my Dad on Father's Day where I said I'd dedicate one to my mum as it was only fair, I decided that today would be the best day to post this post as it's actually my Dad's Birthday, but also my Mum and Dad's Wedding Anniversary!

So as we did with my Dad, here's a quick introduction to my Mum:

  • She's just as hilarious as my Dad, she has me in stitches most nights when we're watching TV. I'm sure that people would think we were absolutely insane if they could see us.
  • She is fiercely protective when it comes to her family. Just like my Dad, she will go to the ends of the Earth to protect each and every one of us.
  • She's always there for me, no matter what time I know I can always count on my mum to be there for me.
  • She's one of my best friends. I know it's cliche to say and people always say that you should be a parent not a friend, well my Mum did both and she's the best Mum out there in my eyes.
  • My parents bought me up incredible, and I have some of the best values thanks to them. However, my mum approach to being so open with me for as long as I can remember helped us become so close, but also made me respect my parents immensely.
  • We both watch our car crash TV together, if it wasn't for my mum I wouldn't be watching half the stuff I do.
  • She fan girls over Glee and Catfish with me.
  • Oh come on, who else can say that they've been to see both Greenday and McFly with their mum in the same sentence?
  • Just as I am with my Dad, I'm also insanely similar to my mum, which in turn probably drives my Dad crazy.
  • People say I'm her double.
  • We have hilarious inside jokes, like the fact she's my Knobhead
Once again, there is so much more I could say about my Mum. However, if I turn out to be half the Mum that my Mum is, I know I've done a pretty incredible job.

Beka. xo