Sunday, 27 July 2014

Holiday Diaries | The Scarborough Sunshine

So I was able to spend a few days in Scarborough with my parents and my brother, which acted as a really great break for a few days.
The weather this past week has been great and I took full advantage of just living in my shorts and having my sunglasses constantly glued to my head whilst I've had the chance.
In the small village where we stayed there was the cutest little tea rooms. Me and my mum took full advantage of this and went quite a few mornings. The presentation of all the food was incredibly cute, but the presentation of the Eggs Benedict and my scone just blew me away. It was fairly priced too, so therefore me and mum didn't feel guilty at all indulging for a few mornings.
We then went to Bridlington for the day and went to the John Bull Rock Factory Tour, where we got to see rock being made by hand, as well as make our own stick. The last picture is my feeble attempt at making my own stick of rock which has the letter 'R' running through the middle.
Somehow I didn't know that Anne Bronte was buried in Scarborough and I was highly disappointed in myself for not knowing this, so me and my mum visited her grave.
Scarborough was the next place we visited, where I got to take advantage of the incredible sea views of both the north and south bay being so high up. I also got the chance to take a hilarious selfie.
The Sealife Centre was the last place we visited, for someone like me who is generally a massive kid and will do anything to spend a day with the "fishes" this was a great day for me. I got the chance to hold a crab, which I got a sticker for and I also got to take a selfie with the jellies.