Sunday, 11 May 2014

Kitchen | Baking Made Easy.

Baking always reminds me of being young and baking with my great grandma, which of course brings back the most amazing memories (usually of licking the bowl more than baking), but I still love baking today and still hold such a passion for baking. I usually bake cakes, however, once I found this really simple brownie recipe to couldn't help but try it out. They turned out incredible, my family loved them so much that I've had to make a second batch, so I think it's only fair that I share the recipe and method with you, I have tweaked this however so I'll include the original recipe as well as my adaptation.

Ingredients
100g butter
100g plain chocolate
200g caster sugar
2 medium eggs
100g plain flour (I tend to use 80g self-raising flour and 20g cocoa powder, for that little bit extra chocolate)
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt

Method
1. Preheat your oven to 180ยบc and grease your baking tin, you can also line your baking tin, however, I don't have any greaseproof paper so I skipped this step!
2. Beat the eggs and sugar together in a bowl, until a light and fluffy mixture.
3. Melt the butter and chocolate together, I tend to do this in a small bowl over a small saucepan of water because I think it melts everything more evenly. If you do this remember to not let the water touch the bottom of the bowl. Once melted pour this into the egg mixture.
4. Add your cocoa powder, sift before adding, to the chocolate, butter and egg mixture and mix together.
5. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, sift before adding, into the mixture. Mix gently and stop once all the flour has been incorporated in the mixture.
6. Pour mixture into your tin, spread out evenly.
7. Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Allow your brownies to cool in the tin before you cut them!
8. Enjoy!

You could always add extras into your mixture, such as chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds, chocolate chips, just mix these in after you've added your flour and bake as normal. I skip this step as I have a fussy family, although I might try adding chocolate chips next time I make these. Also feel free to decorate your brownies however you'd like.