Sunday, 25 May 2014

Beauty | DIY Honey and Cinnamon Face Mask

So a few weeks ago my mum shared a post on Facebook which was a list of ways that both honey and cinnamon can be used for different health benefits, as usual acne was one of the things on this list.

The post stated that applying a honey and cinnamon paste, made from 3 tablespoons honey and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder mixed together, on problem areas before sleeping and washing it off the next morning would help them clear up in two weeks if done daily. I've tried this a few times and I feel that the next day the area looks visibly more appealing, however the first time I tried this I think I applied too much and it was a very messy experience, but I'm going to continue to try.

While I was trying this for the first time I was pretty sure that I'd seen honey and cinnamon being used as a face mask, I was right and Michelle Phan has done a Honey and Cinnamon Face Mask and the video tutorial can be found here.
So these are what I used to make this mask; honey, cinnamon powder, a microwave safe bowl and a spoon to measure and mix your ingredients. You don't have to have a fancy measuring spoon like mine, I just think it's easier.

So all you'll need to make the mask is 3 tablespoons of honey and 3 tablespoons of cinnamon powder mixed together.
Looks pretty appealing once you've mixed the honey and cinnamon together right?
This step is optional but I think microwaving the mixture for 30 seconds makes this a lot easier to apply to the face, just be careful as this will be warm when applied to the face! It's still quite a messy mixture so I opted to paint this on my face with an old hair dye brush.

Once applied leave this on your face for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water and you're good to go!