Friday, 21 March 2014

Life | A Weekend Full Of Shows

The weekend just gone was a busy weekend for me. From the 15th to the 17th I was in Birmingham as I was lucky enough to be seeing Fall Out Boy on the 16th, and then on the 17th when I got home I was going to the cinema to see a Live National Theatre broadcast of War Horse.

Birmingham - Fall Out Boy
We decided to make the most of our weekend and spend two nights in Birmingham, so here is the obligatory view from the hotel room photo, both day and night. We arrived on the Saturday afternoon and left the Monday morning. This meant we had the whole of the Saturday night to just relax and all of the Sunday to find something to do before we saw Fall Out Boy at the NIA that evening, we decided to spend the day visiting the Birmingham ThinkTank and then walking around what felt like the entirety of Birmingham which about killed my legs, but the weather was gorgeous so I can't complain too much about that.

So Sunday night rolled around and we finally got to see Fall Out Boy at Birmingham's NIA, this is the first time I've ever seen Fall Out Boy so I was ridiculously excited, Ryan not so much this was his third time seeing them. It was busy, the queue was ridiculous and we were packed in nice and tightly, and I couldn't see a thing for the entire night. Usually this isn't my favourite thing in the world cause I'm only small and obviously want to see my heroes on stage, however on Sunday this was completely different and I was happy to even be in that room just hearing Fall Out Boy play live, the atmosphere was fantastic and it gave me the best feeling knowing that I was surrounded by so many people who were complete die hard fans, were there for the music, and like Ryan and myself were just completely singing their hearts outs. It was the most amazing night and I wish I could go back and relive it.

I'm lucky enough to know someone who had the most amazing opportunity to actually shoot Fall Out Boy in Birmingham, so here are some of his amazing pictures. All credit goes to Benji here.
A picture from the Fall Out Boy Facebook, here, that I absolutely love from that night is the picture below. I don't want to ruin it for people who haven't had a chance to see them yet, so I won't let you know what is going on in this picture, but this picture brings back the most amazing memories with the most amazing feeling attached and I know that me and Ryan were in the part of the crowd with the spotlight on them.
Here is the picture with the crowd that Fall Out Boy like to take with the crowd every single night. I haven't been able to spot myself or Ryan, but I know where we were standing. Once again taken from the official Fall Out Boy Facebook here.
National Theatre Live - War Horse
So when I came home on the Monday that evening I was going to my local cinema with my Mum and Grandma to see a live broadcast of the War Horse.

I'd never heard of this until my mum asked me if I wanted to go and information on the National Theatre Live can be found here, but basically the National Theatre in London broadcast live performances to cinemas across the country, and possibly across the world but I'm not too sure about that fact.

I've seen the film of War Horse, but the show was just fantastic and equally, if not more, moving than the film. I thought that the puppetry was incredible, and the acting was perfect. I completely forgot I was in the cinema and I would encourage anyone, if they get the chance to go and see this production. I think this is an amazing chance for people to be able to see theatre productions who don't have the chance to actually go to a theatre.

So it was a very busy weekend, full of shows, and I was incredibly tired afterwards. However, it has been a fantastic weekend, with some amazing memories, and I wouldn't change a thing.